NUnit: Debugging Test Code
Debugging Unit Tests Using TestDriven.NET
- Download and install TestDriven.NET Visual Studio add-in. This can be downloaded from
- Open the solution in Visual Studio.
- Right click on the test class and select the "Test with Debugger" option.
Debugging Unit Tests Using the Visual Studio Debugger
- Set the testing project as the startup project in the Visual Studio solution. Right click on the project and select "Set as StartUp Project" option.
- Open the project properties of the project, and select Debug option.
- Set the "Start Action" to "Start external program" and select the nunit.exe.
- Place a breakpoint anywhere in the test code that will be tested.
- Run the application in debug mode (Press F5 Key)
- The NUnit application should open.
- Run the tests you want to debug and let the debugger stop at the relevant breakpoint.